Monday 3 June 2013

It's been a great weekend.

I have been doing things I enjoy with the ones I love.

Went to the theatre on Friday evening.  It is the 25th anniversary of Lauren's Dance School and they were putting on a gala performance.  I have sat through many dance school productions over the past 20 years, but for obvious reasons, Friday was special.  Lauren danced in several numbers and had also choreographed one.  I am very proud of her.  My sister and her kids and my mother also came, so a family outing with Ian along too.  We all had tea at ours.  My sister is clearly upset about my situation, I need to sort out a time to talk to her.  I am still crying about it now and then.  The strangest things set me off.

On Saturday morning I read the programme from the Gala and reading Lauren's biography brought tears to my eyes.  I walked into town and back in the afternoon to get Sharon's birthday present.  Sunday was a great day, Shelsley Walsh Hillclimb with Ian.  I have always loved motorsport, I can remember going to watch the grasstrack racing with my Dad when I was about 10, I don't like the big bucks stuff like formula one, I like good grass roots club stuff.  There were cars out on Sunday that were built and maintained in someone's garage at home and they do 120 mph, uphill on a 1000 yard long track that is 12 foot wide at it's narrowest point.

Today we have been to Stratford Upon Avon for a bit of a mooch.  I like Stratford, it is always busy with people who are not in a hurry and are there to enjoy themselves.  It always reminds me of Cambridge with its groups of tourists.  We picked Lauren up on the way, went out to lunch, had a walk round the town and an icecream by the RSC.  I captured an interesting image for today's blipfoto journal.

Tomorrow is Sharon's birthday and she wants to go and see some animals.  So we are off to The Cotswold Farm Park.  It is the farm you see on Countryfile that belongs to Adam Henson.  Rare breeds and other stuff.  I think we will make it a Land Rover trip as there are some lovely fords just up the road and some places to hunt bluebells for her.  I was hoping to post a link to the video from last Thursday's day out in the Caterham 7, but it is still uploading to youtube.  It takes so long!  Try this, it may have uploaded by the time you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment