Tuesday 21 May 2013

Hit round the head with a cricket bat

It has been a really good couple of weeks, had a PET scan, chilled out a bit and been relaxing before the onslaught of radiotherapy.  I was at a school governors meeting last night, feeling good and several people said how well I looked.

They can't see what the PET scan did though.  Just before 11:00 am I had a phone call from a withheld number.  Expecting it to be someone selling me cavity wall solar panel insulation I answered it with my usual abrupt 'Hello'.  It was Dr Trent from the Churchill.  The PET scan has shown up an area of active cells in my groin.  They may be something to do with the infection or it may be the cancer back again.  The only way they can find out is with a CT scan guided needle biopsy.  Radiotherapy has been postponed until after they can do that and get results.  I am now waiting for the call for a CT scan appointment.

I feel like I have been hit round the head with a cricket bat.  It was all going so well.  I felt so good. The light at the end of the tunnel was some bastard with a torch bringing bad news.  I have cried a bit, Sharon came home from work and we cried and hugged a bit.  I am writing this at 11:45am but wont post it until I have been able to talk to Lauren about it.  I am determined to carry on enjoying life and doing things around scans and appointments.  I have an appointment with Dr Trent on Friday morning so we can talk through everything and I can find out what happens next.  Hopefully they will get me a biopsy before then and we will know where we stand.

I am running out of positivity.  I am off out to stand on top of a hill and scream.

Back now from the top of the hill. Still feeling pretty pissed off but nothing I can do about it other than wait for the experts

No comments:

Post a Comment