Friday 5 April 2013

It's been a good news day

Had a 12:40 appointment with Prof Hassan today.  We arrived in plenty of time, but not enough time to get something to eat.  When we got there they announced he was running 40 minutes late, should have gone and got something to eat, but didn't.  We read a couple of magazines and someone sneaked out and updated his 40 minute wait to 90 minutes.  2 hours late, we saw him.  It was worth the wait, he had all the pathology results.  He is very glad the operation had been done and that Mr Meihi had been so thorough as there were some clusters of cancer cells in the tubes of my reproductive pipe work, all of which have now been removed.  The pathology shows no evidence of the cancer spreading around the body, which is also good news.  I should get an appointment to see the radio therapy consultant in the next week or so.  Radio therapy will commence as soon as they are happy the operation has healed enough.  Got a bar of chocolate on the way out from the shop, call it lunch.  We were going to stop for lunch on the way home, but we rushed back to let Lucky out and do the shopping instead.

This is the first time since last June that I feel I can see the end of it and I am coming out of it OK.  I have stayed positive all along but I have always had that nagging doubt.  Since the operation the soreness, swelling and not being able to do things has really got to me and the doubt has been taking over.  Today's news has got me back on the positive track.

It's has not been easy being on a downer as Lucky, the coolest dog in the world, has been staying with us for 2 weeks.  When you are feeling down I highly recommend a dog dose from a cool dog.  Even in freezing Cornish Easter temperatures with condensation running down the chalet walls, Lucky just tucked in his basket, pulled a blanket over and grinned.  He chased rabbits in the dunes and frolicked with other dogs on the beach.  In dog years he is way older than me.  He's always happy, always pleased to see people and carries on whatever happens.  He is today's blipfoto, but I thought I would put him here as well.  Here he is shouting that he has been left at home on his own whilst we went to the hospital and now he needs to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment