Wednesday 13 March 2013

Wore my jeans today

Woke up this morning and felt pretty good. Decided I needed to feel more human so I had a shower and put some jeans on. That's the first time out of my lounge pants (trendy pyjama bottoms) or hospital gowns since last friday. Couldn't put a belt on as it hurt too much.

Had a good long phone chat with an old friend. He told me a fabulous story about a man in his nineties who worked for the intelligence services during the war and is still going strong. My friend asked him how he keeps going. His answer:-

"You must have something to do tomorrow. Many of my colleagues are dead now because they had nothing to do tomorrow. "

So I have got plenty to do tomorrow and for many tomorrows to come.

Lauren also told me this evening about the poster in Ian's Grandad's workshop which says:-

"God put me on earth to do a specific number of jobs and at the rate I am getting things done I will be eternal"

I also chatted to my Dad today. He is struggling to renew his driving licence at the age of 79. I know it's hard to give up the independence it gives him if required, but he really should give it up.

Oh and I signed up at blipfoto.com. It's a great idea, you sign up and then you post a picture everyday. I am grahamwh on there. Not sure I will manage everyday, but I have set it up so I can post from my blackberry, so I might be in with a chance.

Hoping that the swelling will magically go away over night.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment