Sunday 4 November 2012

Faaaaantastic Day

Well maybe thats a bit of an overstatement, but it was better than good.  I have driven 90 miles, walked a couple of miles, watched an hours motorsport (not the Grand Prix!) and taken Sharon out for lunch and to IKEA.

Up fairly early to go to the Falcon Motor Club  Guy Fawkes Trial.  Decided yesterday that if the weather wasn't too bad and I was feeling OK, it would be fun to drive over to Dunstable and stand in a field for an hour or so watching people try and drive preposterous motors up grass slopes, that's Trialling.  Well the weather was too bad but with the right kind of clothing all weather can be overcome.
Sharon says she enjoyed it, but she was cold and wet. The rest of the trial pictures are here.  I think lunch in The Chiltern Visitor Centre and the walk round IKEA were more attractive to her.  Driving the 90 miles in the Polo was fun, chucked it round the roundabouts of Milton Keynes.  Doesn't matter what you do, you can't induce understeer, it doesn't have enough power!

Doing so much without needing a nap or a lie down has done wonders for my mental state and maybe even my fitness.  I need to get moving this week and get out and about and do some things.  Feel much better when I am occupied, driving and getting out and about does wonders for my confidence and I feel so much better.  So, things to do.



2 comments:

  1. Lovley to see how positive you are . Sounds like the perfect weekend for me and Dan .... Engines ... Food .....Shopping :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you look in the photo, it's even a 205 for Dan! Will let you know next time.

    ReplyDelete